We are having a babysitter tonight, so I figured I might put Estie in her own crib in Lev's room rather than in our bed. We tried it out yesterday and she didn't take to it so well (I waited until Lev was three-months-old to move him from the bed). Lev was so excited to have his new best friend in the same room that when he went for his nap and saw her there he started screaming 'Essie! Essie!' She woke up and they stared at each other for a while before they both fell asleep. She woke up before him and I took her out. Then he woke up prematurely and noticed Estie wasn't there, flipped out, woke up all the way and called for her. The next issue is that she just wasn't into the crib, which didn't make sense because she sleeps anywhere, until I realized that 'anywhere' in the house smells like me but her crib. At this point we're working on getting her to have happy feelings towards the crib and we put her in there and play with her. We'll see what happens next.
At this point, I'm exhausted. It took me two days to finish this paragraph. Lev is suffering from post-illness hissy-fit-itis. He spent four feverish days getting everything he asked for and now that he's better he's sad to see that ride come to an end. He was, however, amazing this evening. He sat and read about 10 books while I made dinner. He is very excited to be back at school and we are excited that the doctors decided he doesn't have mono. He's enjoying his candy vitamins- 2 giraffes (multi vitamin), 1 star (echenatia and vitamin C) and one teddy bear (vitamin C again). It's gummy, sugar coated heaven.
Daddy decided we should cut down on the tuti usage, so we’re now leaving one at gan for his naptime and he lasted the whole post-gan day without one, only getting his two for bed. We’ll see how it goes. I was holding off on weaning him because I figured it’s pointless to do so when there’s a little baby who’s getting one, but since she’s decided to make life a little more difficult for all of us by not taking one, we might as well decrease his usage a bit.
I have cute pictures and video, but I need to find the card reader so that I can transfer them.
No comments:
Post a Comment