I don't know what this meant to me before 4 children, but now, divide and conquer is my laundry motto. I don't seem to be able to fold as it comes out of the dryer (after a 6 hour cycle from wash to dry), so I'm left with a huge pile of laundry quite often. Thank goodness we have a laundry room (and Savta Bubbie's when necessary)! Anyway, I've found that if I fold the sheets and towels first and then make piles for each kid it somehow moves quicker. I don't know why I'm sharing this, but hey, it's what's on my mind and I have a forum, right?
I also want to send a shout-out to my mom. She taught me to persevere and find what I need. The other day Shalom needed 50 pre-wrapped croissant style baked goods for a group that was landing. We knew where we could get the in Jerusalem, but in Pardes Chana? Not so much. Then I remembered that we'd seen them at the gas station on the way out of town the other week. Shalom thought it was crazy to go ask a gas station to purchase their supply of baked goods, but I took the wisdom of my Mother and drove out there (all 15 minutes of the drive that it is). They had just gotten a shipment and were more than happy to sell them to me, with a free coffee thrown in, plus they carried them out to the car for me. Thanks Mom for teaching me that if it exists, we can find it where we need it to be.
The kids are really flourishing here. Estie has tons of play dates and Lev would have tons of play dates and a new best friend, but he and his friend Eliyah Yosef can't agree to go to each other's homes. In other words, Lev only wants to hang out at our house and Eliyah Yosef only wants to hang out at his house. We (the parents) beg, plead and bribe, but so far we've only succeeded in two play dates. It's pretty crazy, because they really like each other and hang out all day at gan. Eliyah Yosef even baked Lev a cake, which Lev refused to eat because he said it looked mushy. I told him that, in the future, you accept the cake and your mommy eats it after school.
I have finally decifered one of Chaya Bracha's most used words: fe-lee. I thought she was saying 'sheh-lee' which means 'mine,' but it turns out she's saying 'tavi li,' or 'bring that to me.' Now to get her to say it in English...
No comments:
Post a Comment