Tuesday, September 06, 2011

One Floor at a Time

The house is getting set up one floor at a time. Here's the kitchen

2 sinks- a dream come true. Plus, Rob helped us take off the cover that goes over the burners of our stove and our oven fit perfectly into the space allotted for a dish washer (there is a spot for a built in, but I love my oven, so I would have given up some cabinet space to put the oven in a corner).
We thought about buying a big table, but (a) those things aren't free and (b) we can all still smoosh around this during the week and pull out our big plastic folding table when we have guests (c) we love the open space- especially when Estie starts to dance
The plan is to move the couch with the light brown cover upstairs. That's the plan....
Bathroom #1 and the coat/shoe alcove. We are going to put in a lower rack so the kids can hang their bags and coats in the winter.
Amazingly (but not so suprisingly) all of our belongings that were stuffed into that tiny 2 bedroom apartment fit perfectly into a 4 bedroom, 3 floor house. The only things we bought were this couch and a desk for Shalom's office, which is on the 3rd floor, so you you won't be seeing that for a while since I keep consolidating boxes and pushing them up there.
The back yard. Lots of dirt to be made into mud, a hammock, a swing, a blow up pool. We're hoping to get a swing set soon.
We attempted to plant some of our seeds in planters. We'll know how it went in a few weeks.
We had a play date with some kids from school today. The Mommy wasn't sure about street names, so I put a street near by into the GPS. At one point, the GPS told me to go left towards that street, but I knew I needed to go right towards our new friends. Lev got upset that I wasn't listening to 'the lady,' but I explained that using GPS doesn't mean we don't have to think and sometimes 'the lady' doesn't know everything.

When we got there the kids were super excited to jump on the trampoline. Lev got a bit wild for the other kids and they ended up getting off. I had Lev come for a break so the other kids could play and he was very sad that no one wanted to play with him. I explained that he had been wild earlier that the kids were wary to play with him. He asked me to speak to them on his behalf, which I did. They allowed them back in and he totally changed his behavior and they all had a great time.
Beeps in a swing

Love. This is why we moved. The kids were so tired out from the excitement (and the fact that we were out later than usual) that they all went to sleep (after a quick dinner) with no fight or 10 trips to the bathroom or 20 water requests.

No comments: