Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not A Mobile Upload

So, I've realized that if I'm going to keep this blog up to date that I'll be using the camera on my phone for a bit and doing single picture posts. I am still taking pics with the camera, but they're not getting uploaded as often as I'd like.

Before the pictures, I want to share the news that Chaya Bracha said her first Hebrew word at school today. They've decided they are like Dora and Boots over there and they say a sentence in Hebrew and then in their broken English to make sure Beeps knows somewhat what's going on. Today she handed something to her teacher and said 'teer-ee,' which means 'look at this.' She'll be fluent by the end of the month.

I know we have an art room, but I think it's mostly going to be for storing the art supplies and we'll use them in the play area. I have the table set up at one end of the landing and the toys at the other side. I'm hoping to get them a book shelf asap and we'll make a comfy couch spot in between the art and toy spots.
Our little prince post-bath. I've actually started putting him in with the big kids. Even I'm surprised to be combining bath time so young, but there are only so many hours in the day and he doesn't need to be in there so long. Plus the bath is huge.
We had a park play date with Meyora and Liam the other day and an ice cream truck pulled up! Fun, high pitched music and all. Kids swarmed, got what they wanted and he drove away. I'd never seen one in Israel. How exciting.
Chaya Bracha lost one of her shoes last week. Really, I lost one of her shoes last week. She went about 5 days without shoes, which wasn't such a big deal, but I finally got them to the shoe store and bought her new ones just before a friend called to let me know she'd found the missing shoe. Kind of knew that would happen, so now she has two pairs! One in silver and one in purple. The girls had fun at the outdoor mall with Savta Bubbie
Who needs to buy outdoor toys? We just need to go play on them at the store every once in a while.
Sometimes Chaya Bracha wants to be a big girl and make in the potty. Sometimes she wants to be a baby and nurse. Other times she wants to be a Mommy and take care of her own baby, who shared some quality swinging time with Michael Shlomo the other morning.
Painting time. I moved the table as far from the white walls as possible.
Since learning the alef-bet and other academic things are not the main goal of their Waldorf style gan, Savta Bubbie got Lev and Estie a great learning game so that Lev won't fall behind and have a tough transition to first grade next year.
Sleeping Beauty on Savta Bubbie's lap
The kids like to take the most nature filled path possible when we go out. This makes it look like we're in the woods, but we're actually on the side of the street right by our house
We went to visit the agricultural school next door. We pet horses- of course they want lessons now..
...and moo-ed at cows. Amazingly, it doesn't smell like cows by our home. Haven't figured that out yet, but I'm ok with it.

No comments: