Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Gevalt*

*a Yiddish expression which can be either positive or negative, meaning pretty much 'My goodness!'

I have so many little stories that I'd like to share and, in some instances it's been a while since the event occurred, but is there a statute of limitations on a good story?

The first one happened on Shalom's birthday. Shalom and I went to pick the kids up from gan and, on the way home, Lev looked at Shalom and said 'I was going to give you a birthday present but, GEVALT, I don't have one.'

We were in shock. He'd never used that word before, but managed to use it correctly!

Another story took place over Channukah. Shalom's mother was visiting and had to take a bus back to his sister in Tel Aviv. When Lev heard this, he ran and got the bag of agarot (the Israeli equivalent to pennies) that Uncle Ezra gave him as a Channukah gift and asked his Nama how much she needed. He desperately wanted to use his Channukah money to pay for Nama's bus ride.

Estie is still set on being potty trained. The other night I was really worn out and would have been fine changing a diaper, but Estie HAD to use the potty. When she gets her mind set on something, it's got to happen that way, especially potty use. The other day I actually got the luck of joining Lev while he was on the toilet and Estie on the potty at the same time!

No comments: