Friday, March 07, 2008

Winding Down

At this time next week we'll be back in Jerusalem. It's a bittersweet feeling. Lev misses Shalom and has become very clingy in the last few days due to all the people who have been coming and going. I guess he wants to make sure I'm staying with him. He won't even let Savta Bubbie take him out of his crib in the morning, only Mommy. Needless to say, I haven't gone to the bathroom alone in about 3 days. Estie is having trouble at night and I could really use those morning sleep-ins, but I understand what Lev is going through and my job is to be up with him. Lev has had so much fun with his grandparents and other family members. He got sad yesterday when Tanta Wukel (Aunt Ruth) left, though we'll see her next week, so that's good. Lev has a new word: Shabbos (Shalom taught it to him, I say Shabbat). Both kids continue to be the yummiest and I'm so happy I'm getting to spend so much time with them. Oh yes, Lev got to speak to Ayala on Skype today, but she was more interested in Baby (Estie) and he was all about Aba (hebrew for dad, what Ayala calls her father, Ohad). It was pretty funny. Once again, Estie has decided to sleep better during the day than during the night! Oh well, we'll work it out when we get home.

No comments: