Monday, March 24, 2008

The Purim Wrap-Up

It was a lovely (though costume free) day. After naps we went to a Purim meal where I decided I just had to be blind to whatever crazyness Lev was getting into with the other kids. Estie was still pretty tired, but she let other people hold her and was calm for a big chunk of time. When Lev started getting into fights around 5:30, it was time to go home. On our way home we had to stop and convert the stroller to two seats because both children wanted to be upright.
When we got home, we were lucky enough to have Yehudah and his parents stop by. Yehudah magically got Lev to calm down and the two boys hugged, rode Lev's cars around and colored for a bit while the parents visited and Estie nursed. Then, everyone got in the bathtub and went straight to sleep.
I must have missed it, but at some point during the day, Lev must have told Estie 'Tag, your it,' because she woke up at 5:45 this morning. Luckily, she's easier to ignore and doesn't mind being left in the crib to look around and enjoy tummy time. By 6:30 she was ready to go back to sleep and Lev was ready to get up. B"H Daddy and Mommy had gone to sleep about 9:30, so they were ok to handle the early morning rush (though Mommy did go back to sleep with Estie from 6:30-7:30).
We noticed that we were less inclined to 'party' this Purim. It was more about taking time to be a family and live the dream of pushing a stroller of two screaming, worn out babies home after a long day.
Just a note about cameras. While I was home, I got a new Kodak one which went the way of the Detroit Zoo. I felt like I couldn't possibly buy the same camera twice within a month, so I then bought the Cannon camera which everyone had so strongly reccomended. In the end, I'd say that the Kodak Z1285 was way better for snapping quick pics of the kiddies than the Cannon A5901S, though I'm happy I tried the Cannon. I would have always wondered, what if?
P.S. Lev wore his monkey head to school this morning. And BTW, no matter what McCain thinks, Purim is nothing like Halloween.









No comments: