Chaya Bracha and Michael Shlomo both have terrible coughs which kept me up and busy throughout the night and asleep throughout the morning, but B"H I was able to get things together somewhat for the cleaning lady and I had the foresight to bake Shalom's cake yesterday. That meant that today I brought the kids home from school, put Chaya down for a nap and ten the other three to the only market we seem to be able to shop at without causing a scene. I think it's because the other two are either too small and packed or too large with too much to get into. The third store is juuuuust right;) We chose fruit for their after school pick-up snacks (I am trying to switch over from granola bars and Bamba and I have had a great reaction to the cucumbers, red peppers and bananas), bought veggies for Daddy's new 'no bread/ more salads' effort and all the other fun stuff we needed- including ingredients for frosting and our last sufganiot (Channuka doughnuts) for the year. Truth be told, we only had them about three times, which is a huge drop from previous years. The reason for this is twofold: we don't live in the city and more specifically right by the shuk where they are in our faces at all times and at eye level of people 5 and under and (2) they didn't seem to have fancy fun ones around here. All I could find were jelly filled.
Anyway, I made Shalom a Superman cake, which is what the kids chose. Lev was in charge of making a crown for Shalom but instead had Shalom make balloon crowns for the whole family. I have better pics on my camera and will hopefully upload them tomorrow.
The other pictures I am including are if Michael Shlomo in all of his cuteness. He is a mover and a shaker and keeps getting stuck between our beds. There is no danger of him falling through the crack, so it's funny to watch him wedge himself in there. He surprised me today by pushing himself up on his elbows while leaning back in his bouncy chair. This guy really wants to be active!
I think that sums up the pictures. We are still really happy about our move, though I hope my next home will come without a magic sink. You know, the kid where all you have to do is finish the last dish, spin around and find it full again? I have a feeling we are stuck with the 'magic' for a while, though I hope to train some dishwashers sometime soon. That and laundry folders.







No comments:
Post a Comment