Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Kvelling

So, I've been pretty lax on the posting lately- thank G-d for camera phones, but that doesn't mean we've been sitting idle. Just yesterday I took all three kids for immunizations and Lev showed great leadership, volunteering to go first so the girls could see that it wasn't so bad. By the time he got out the sentence 'Ani lo rotze' (I don't want to), it was over and he had his congratulatory chocolate.

This wasn't the first time that Lev was 'stuck' this week. We went to have blood taken on Monday so that we can hopefully figure out why he's been getting a five day fever every two weeks since November. We have been trying some homeopathic remedies and a regiment of vitamins and probiotics which actually cut down the fever from five days to a bit over 24 hours, which is a great improvement, but I figured we'd check the blood anyway. Once they got that needle in his arm, he was ok and thought it was pretty cool to watch his blood in the tube, but getting to that point was a bit difficult. He was rewarded with a hot chocolate and a day home with Mommy.

We are now in the month of Purim and every day is a party for the kids. They come home with school-made costumes or face paint almost every day (today Estie's school had a pajama party) and I think they're enjoying it. Even Chaya Bracha got a noise maker and party hat from her 'school.'

Estie continues to crack us up. The other night she spent an hour on repeat saying 'I Estie Stark. I a pirate. Arrrr matey.' It was pretty funny. Estie loves school and knows how to mess with her Mommy. When I ask her who she played with today, she tells me 'I play with no one. I sit in corner alone all day.' Such a pisher. I happen to know that she spends the day playing her with her knew best friend, Ami. She just wants to see my reaction. Estie has also begun to proclaim that she is no longer a princess, but a Tinkerbell. Watch out if you call her a princess. She will NOT be happy with you.

As for Chaya Bracha, I think we've covered that subject pretty well lately. She eats. A lot. When the other kids decide that they don't want to eat their meals, they pile their food onto her plate and she usually abides. She at 4 eggs the other night.
What else? We made our hamentaschen! Of course, I didn't get any pics. I am realizing that baking with the help of three children ages 4 and under is a bit overwhelming for me. I wish there was a way to have alone time with Lev to get it done, but we're lucky to have our walks to school as it is. I told the kids how my GG taught my Bubbie and my Bubbie taught their Savta Bubbie and now I'm teaching them. Lev was excited to learn that his cousin Joshua makes the same hamentaschen with his Mommy. Of course, having learned that there are chocolate hamentaschen out there in the wide, wide world, Lev is pushing to make a batch of those next (the dough and filling are made and waiting in the fridge!).

I think I'm caught up, though I'll probably remember a funny story the minute after I press 'publish post.' Let's hope I get right back on and share it with you!

No comments: