Since we took pictures on the step the other day, Chaya Bracha stops to sit on that step every morning on the way to school and says 'Cheeeeeese,' and waits to have her picture taken. It's pretty cute.


Lev asked me to make individual pull-apart-flower-shaped challot for his class, which isn't such a big deal, because there are only 15 kids. Estie's class, however, has 23 kids and I couldn't very well send only to Lev's class, could I?

Chaya Bracha's best 'cheese.' She's too cute. CB loves her babies and having Lev spray her with sun tan lotion. It's so much easier with the third kid. She sees that Lev and Estie are getting sprayed and she runs up to have her arms and legs taken care of as well. Then the big kids use the lotion stick to cover her face.


They started making Swifter wet style cloths here, but have yet to market the actual Swifter. I guess Israelis just put them on the bottom of the squeegie, which is what we've been doing, but it's not so effective, so today I saw a Swifter and bought it. Lev and Estie each washed the floor at least three times. It's their new hobby.

There is this Israeli pastime which involves collecting and playing with the pits of apricots. Lev told me he needed some for school and I mentioned it to my elderly neighbor, who told me that every year she makes a huge batch of apricot jam and dries out all of the pits for her grandchildren. She produced a huge carton of pits and filled bags for each kid. They were pretty excited.






No comments:
Post a Comment