Friday, June 10, 2011

10 days?

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't posted anything on the blog in a while, and I cannot believe it's been so long! What have we been doing? I know we've been busy. Every Tuesday and Thursday Chaya Bracha and I get on the bus and go to pick Lev and Estie up from Gan (on the other days they get dropped off by our carpool-mate).

On those days we take the bus home and have little excursions on the way. Some times we go to the post office, which also includes a stop at the pizza shop and other places on the walk home. Yesterday we went to find someone who could fix my IPhone that found it's way into the bathtub a few months back. The office is at the beginning of Yaffo street, right at the entrance to the Old City. The kids and I then walked home, which didn't take as long as I thought it would.

On the walk home, we stopped at the Municipality building to get passes with our pictures on them for the light rail which may or may not ever start taking passengers. I don't know when the original date was that they were supposed to start, but I know it was supposed to be running over Passover and though you can see it 'practicing' all day, we were told it won't be open for business until August 15th. Either way, Lev was really excited to get a pass with his picture on it.

Then we made our way further up Yaffo for a popsicle stop, followed by a leisurely stroll the rest of the way home. Shalom gets nervous that the kids will dehydrate with all of our long walks, but they drink tons of water. It's the positive to living in the city- there's lots of walking to do. Especially since Yaffo street has been shut down to cars and buses due to the train which doesn't take any passengers.

What else happened while we were away from the blog? We had a great Shavuot. Lev woke up in the morning and was so happy because 'Shavuot is a junk food holiday.' Yes, it's the cheesecake and ice cream holiday. Daddy even made sure to buy Mommy some sugar free frozen yogurt so she wouldn't feel left out. Our neighbors came over for bagels during the day and brought chocolate ice cream. Lev was given a bunch of different toppings and he decorated everyone's ice cream for them. It was pretty cute. He has his heart set on becoming an artist. Of course, there were popsicles at synagogue for the reading of the 10 commandments and I think we managed to get them to eat some cheese or something along the way.

Lev found out this week that I'm pregnant and it's brought on a lot of interesting comments. First he said 'There's a baby in your tummy? THAT'S why it's so big!'

Another day he woke me up and said 'Hey mommy, remember when you were thin?'

Lev is very excited about another baby. He decided it will be a boy who also loves green.

The computer battery is about to die and I need to light Shabbat candles. I hope to never let another 10 days go by without being in touch!

No comments: