Thursday, February 24, 2011

Proud Mama

Today was one of those days were everything was happening at the same time. Lev had an appointment with a doctor at the same time that Estie had a dentist appointment, so Daddy took Lev to his appointment and Mommy took Estie to hers. Luckily, they were at opposite ends of the same very long street. Don't worry, Lev's not sick again. We're just trying some alternative routes to figure out why he's been getting so many fevers this winter. He's on a new vitamin regime and hopefully it will pan out.

Anyway, in the cab on the way to our respective doctors, I explained to the kids that afterwards we'd all meet back up, drop Daddy back off at work and go to the toy/costume store to shop for Purim. I knew that this was a risky step, even though I explained that we would not be toy shopping, but only costume shopping, but the reality is that I knew they did not have Superman costumes in Lev's size and I wanted him to see the other options and make the decision and then I wanted the stress of getting them their costumes to be off my shoulders. B"H every thing worked out amazingly.

First off, Estie had an amazing first real visit to the dentist. She'd been there before with Lev, but this time it was her turn in the magic chair and she loved the attention. I think she was bummed to have such perfect teeth and such a short turn- the Care Bears were on the TV that the dentist turns on for the kids.

Anyway, we got to the costume store and Lev immediately found a Tinkerbell costume for Estie,much to her delight. I'm still pretty shocked that in a store full of bride and princess costumes, she stuck with her desire to be Tinkerbell.

Lev saw that there were no Superman costumes and reverted to Spiderman. He then tried to get me to buy him a cap gun, but I convinced him that Spiderman is stronger than guns. We're just not ready for that portion of our lives to begin yet, though I'm all about the water guns in the summer.

This brings me to the proud moment. They didn't cry for toys or more costumes. They got their chosen items and off we went. It was amazing! I can't tell you how relieved I am to have this off my plate, other than the size change. If I could bake my hamentaschen now without everyone eating them within a week, I'd do it and then enjoy a stress free next three weeks, but that's just not realistic.

Once we finished at the costume store we went to Uncle Ezra and Doda Rachel's for pizza and and a fashion show:
Chaya Bracha didn't get a new costume, but she really enjoyed hanging out in the travel stroller and playing with Uncle Ezra's toys.

The glitter filled wings will wait to make their debut on Purim.

As you can tell, the size 3-5 is a wee bit snug on Lev, so Mommy will be exchanging it for a larger size (they may not do returns here but thank G-d she was promised that size exchanges would be allowed with a receipt). Either way, he's pumped. It's not Superman costume, but Spiderman is a close second. Plus, Lev loves his built in muscles.

Chaya Bracha was so excited to visit with Jake. She could hardly contain her joy. I think Jake was confused to wake up to the Stark energy which had invaded his home.

No comments: