Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Bakers

I wanted to include Lev and Estie in the Shavuot preparations and I realized that if we made a ton of dough balls we could create fun challot. We made flowers and a catarpillar. They had tons of fun, and they weren't even watching a video. This was the closest to a smile picture I got of Estie. She would smile for 2 seconds and then turn her head.
As you can see, challah requires a lot of flour
And Estie takes her baking seriously.
We only have one day of Shavuot (everywhere outside of Israel has two days), but the cancel school for two days. I'm not quite sure why. It's not a legal holiday. Parents are still meant to work, unless they're teachers.
Anyway, Shalvaya and Yiska came over and we baked bananna chocolate chip muffins.
Enjoying thier hard work.
Lev and Estie love 'hiding' around a certain corner and having us 'look' for them.

Lev filled the spray bottle with water and Palmolive and washed all the windows in the apartment. Let's hope this is not a career choice.




No comments: