Chaya Bracha and I came home today after our stay in the hospital and the Mommy/Baby hotel. We decided to take a day in the hotel after the craziness of the hospital and before the craziness of the home to get to know each other a bit. The nurses were confused as to why I chose to keep my baby with me the whole time, but that's what the stay was about for me. Chaya Bracha is sleeping well, though she did insist on 'playing' with me and staying up from about 5-6 am, which was better than the 2-3 am option she chose the night before. She actually got herself out of the hotel baby outfit twice, in two different manners. I had to take her to the nurse at 6am just to have her help me redress Chaya Bracha (you should see these shirts they out them in, you'd need help too).
Anyway, Chaya is named for my mother's grandmother, Chayka, and for the blessing, the Bracha, that is life and that are our children. Plus, the Torah portion that we ready on Shabbat was, I believe, Zot HaBracha, this is the blessing. I don't know so much about Chayka, except that my cousin Erica is named for her and that my mother loved her very much. If you have any stories to share about her, I'd love to collect them :)
By the way, Chaya Bracha was born 3 weeks 'early,' but she is the biggest of the three of them at birth- 3.6 kilo (7.92 lb). My water broke on Thursday morning around 3am and I was in denial that the baby was actually coming until we got into the cab (who called an ambulance, which took us to the hospital, where she was born 15 minutes later) at 6pm. B"H I'm so busy with Lev and Estie that I hadn't started thinking about this one coming out and joining us. Plus, my mom wasn't here! We totally lucked out and Ezra found her a flight which got her to Israel and by my side about 15 minutes before Shabbat started. We don't have any pictures from right after the birth because we felt bad flashing her in the face. I just needed to document that fact so that she doesn't get offended some day that we didn't take a picture of her five seconds after she was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment