Lev started full time gan on Sunday. Translation: he's in school even when I'm not at work! (8:45am-1:45pm). It was a big transition for the crew who had been going for about three hours each and on their own schedules to make the shift to full-time, but after one cranky day, they've learned to take a group 10 minute rest up (their teachers try to keep them awake so they'll sleep for Mommy and Daddy after gan), after which my son wakes everyone up and then they resume playing and learning. That's right, I have the spark-plug who gets everyone else going. I am using my new found free time to rest and organize.
Lev has a new passion in life- keys. He carries around a set and tries to fit them into every and any opening. We've only had one incident involving an electrical outlet and it wasn't at our home, so it made it easier to take away the keys and divert attention. I think it's more about learning how things fit, because he also enjoyes putting plugs in and out of outlets- something we work on curtailing. He also loves dancing along to 'Old MacDonald' on the radio his Grunta Judy gave him.
I am also working on ridding Lev of his cradle cap. I was under the impression that it would go away eventually. I was informed by his teacher that it would not be doing so without my help. Her daughter had it until she was 3 because of the same misconception. This means that every night I give him a bath and wash his hair with baby oil. It seems to be working, though he's got pretty greasy hair. Even though I wash it out afterwards, I think it will take a bit of washing once we're done with the 'treatment' to really rid his hair of the extra oil. But at least the next time my grandmother sees him, she won't say 'What's wrong with his head?'
No comments:
Post a Comment