Monday, February 05, 2007

Lev Takes Eating Seriously

When I tell people that, they say 'What do you mean?' Then they watch him eat with intensity. Here is a video of him having a cracker to tide him over until dinner. He had already tried to eat the measuring spoons he was playing with, and afterwards he took a bath and tried to fit all 3 rubber duckies in his mouth (he hit trouble after getting the head of the first one in there- I guess he'll have to wait till his mouth gets a bit bigger). He is presently eating 'The History of Philosophy.' It's pretty crazy that my baby eats crackers. He's like a real person! He now throws minor hissy fits when I take to long changing him. He wants to get back into the game and I'm slowing him down with minor details like zippers and buttons.

That reminds me, Lev is into zippers and buttons now. I'm going to try and find that doll with the vest that zips and has button pockets. I think he'd enjoy it. Then again, it needs to stop raining here so that I'll want to venture out anywhere besides work and the occasional bris (we've had a lot of those lately, thank G-d).

Anyway, Lev is a big eater. He eats about a cup of vegetables/fruit for lunch (I'm into boiling and processing these days) and a cup for dinner along with some oatmeal or other grain. If you try to stiff him on his allotment of food he grunts with anger. With all this eating, I've been told it would be appropriate to try and stretch his sleep time from 8 hours all the way to 12 straight hours each night. Wish us luck!






No comments: