Shalom & Devra, Lev Yisrael, Esther Neshama,Chaya Bracha, Michael Shlomo and Avraham Simcha Stark. For our friends and family outside Israel, to share our lives...
Thursday, October 05, 2006
All About Lev
So, I realize that I've neglected to update you all on Lev's evolving personality. Lev has begun his foray into independence. He's moved from sleeping between Mommy and Daddy (on a special little platform so we couldn't roll over him- don't worry) and in the bassinette part of his stroller next to my side of the bed. Shalom was taking Ny-Quil and we couldn't risk having Lev in bed with us. I tried to sleep with Lev the other night when Shalom was working late and Lev was not interested. Either that or he thought it would be nice to be restless, bang his hands on the bed next to my head and actually pull my hair (in his sleep none-the-less). I got the message loud and clear and once Shalom and I get our acts together to reorganize the room, we'll bring his crib in (Amy and I built it right when I got back from the US but it's been hanging out in her room). Until that happens, we'll keep moving his bassinette attachment up and downstairs every day. It works. The holidays were hard on Lev- it totally messed up his schedule. You see, our son is part genius, part bird. He cannot fall asleep if there is action going on and he can see it. We therefore have to cover his stroller with a blanket so he'll fall asleep. He's back on schedule now and has been a much for pleasant housemate. As for the part genius I spoke of, Lev has managed to reach out, grab, and hold on to the abacus which hangs from his bouncy chair. See? I know, it's amazing. I'm posting a picture of Shalom carrying Lev in his sling because, hey, who doesn't love a picture of a Daddy carrying his baby around? We took turns holding Lev in slings over Rosh Hashana as our shul becomes crammed with strollers. It worked well. (Lev and I ditched on Yom Kippur, he was too worried about the fast to make it to services). On a side note, did you ever notice that there is an abundance of 'I love Daddy' apparel for babies? Amy and were discussing it this morning as I put on Lev's socks with the aforementioned slogan. We figure the Mommy's know it already and the Daddy's need the little boost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment