Last night, we searched the house, by candle light, for chametz
This morning , I gave the kids a list of things that needed to be done, before they could watch movies. Estie and Chaya went to town to buy flowers and avocadoes, Lev folded laundry, tye boys helped set the table then, we took a break, and went to a cafe that becomes kosher for passover. Doobies enjoyed a cheese borekas and some cake. Because I chose not to buy new dresses for myself or the girls this year, we have full closets and no need for new dresses, i let them go to Top Ten (Israeli equivalent to Claire's), and choose a new necklace and earrings for the holiday
After the bonfire, Lev went to town for a watermelon, Estie finished folding laundry, Chaya and Doobies decorated crowns for everyone to swear at Seder, and helped make smoothie pops in the end, the earned their tv time, around 2pm
I go to a weekly Torah class Two weeks ago, we spoke about Seder, and hagada, and what we need to do to fulfill our mitzva . Pretty much, as a mother, I need to tell my kids that we were once slaves in Israel, Hashem took us out, now we are free, and super blessed to live in Israel oh, and eat 11grams of matza, and four cups of wine (I forget the amount that each glass has to be). We also spoke about different customs that each of us have. One woman shared that they do the first part of the Seder in the salon, on couches. It makes a lot of sense Shalom and I talked about it, and decided to give this a try. We are planning on putting a children's Ikea table in the center, to hold cups and Seder plates.












No comments:
Post a Comment