Thursday, March 13, 2014

Play dates and Hamentaschen

Chaya Bracha had her best friend, Avigail, over to play yesterday. They got all princessed up and let Estie do their makeup (I ordered them a makeup kit a few weeks ago so they wouldn't mess with my sparse collection).

We are officially done with hamentaschen baking for the season. I found a gluten free recipe that worked well and made a bunch of the family recipe, chocolate filled and adashim (m&ms) filled hamentaschen. Lev and Estie stayed up last night and helped me with the last batch, which was really special and nice. I usually keep the baking to myself because (a) I like it and (b) I cannot handle delegating baking to children, but I let go and allowed them to enjoy themselves and learn how their grandmother's grandmother taught us all to make them (including a drop of sugar and ground almond at the bottom of each, though we used a wine glass to cut them out rather than making squares). I don't think my kids will mind taking their own gf hamentaschen to the school Purim fair today.

No comments: