Monday, January 07, 2013

Ikea and more

So, Lev and Estie finally guessed the big secret. Well, it wasn't really a secret but I choose not to share more with the kids than they need to know. Estie became suspicious when I brought home a baby mat home from Savta Bubbie's and even more suspicious when we went to buy a battery for my glucose blood tester. She remembered that I last used it when I was pregnant wit Michael. She started talking a lot about mommies with babies in their tummies and finally, two Fridays ago, Shalom encountered Lev and Estie debating whether Mommy had a baby I her tummy or not. He sent them to me and, though I may not over share, I also don't lie. So I told them they were right. Lev got all excited and announced that a baby would be born that day. I explained that we still have a while, but they have remained very excited. Chaya Bracha has started saying I have a Doobies in my tummy.

The fact that the news is out in the open helped me to explain to Lev and Estie that since I will have a new baby in my bed soon, they need to stop coming into the bed during the night. In order to make their own beds more appealing we went to Ikea and each child chose two stuffed animals, dolls or pillows for their beds and Lev and Estie got tents to put on top of theirs. I keep meaning to take and post pictures but it hasn't happened yet. I am mentioning the trip to Ikea because they were fabulously behaved. I took them by myself and Lev pushed Chaya in tue stroller the whole way through the maze/store while I pushed the cart and Estie chased Michael. They were even understanding that some of our purchases had to go back once I saw how high the bill was. Once we paid, Lev, Estie and Chaya watched the cart with a very helpful woman who was holding a newborn and waiting for her husband (only in Israel, I know) while Michael and I brought the car around. Then we packed everything up, repaired and went back in for our hot dog and non dairy ice cream. Lev actually chose falafel over a hot dog. They were really super.

In other kid news, Lev and Estie have started going to Tzivot HaShem once a week. It's a program run by teenage girls where they learn about mitzvot- commandments and good deeds and Torah stuff. It gives turn a chance to socialize outside of our family and be exposed to Hebrew. They are also starting swimming again tomorrow in addition to the horseback riding. Poor Chaya and Michael are a bit jealous but, thank goodness, we have Reut for the time being.

Reut actually started prepping Chaya for the Fact that she will be leaving for the army in March and Chaya told her she will be mad at her. Hopefully we will be able to keep in touch and attend her ceremonies.

That is a quick rundown of some stuff I have wanted to update you all on :)

No comments: