Saturday, October 01, 2011

Beeps is 2-years-old!


Chaya Bracha's English birthday was today and I have to admit that her Hebrew birthday being the day before Sukkot and a complete surprise (one month before her due date), I always think of only that date and didn't remember her English birthday until it was too late to make something. Don't worry, Chef Lev already picked out a recipe and plans are underway for tomorrow.

What to say about Beeps? Well, she is a woman of many names. There's Beeps, Beepsie, Chaya B, Bracha, Bracha Boo and many variations of those. At gan they call her Bracha (for some reason they decided to drop the Chaya all together) or Barbie.

Are all third children as spoiled as Chaya B? Lev suddenly started to pick her up and carry her wherever she wants to go and he and Estie will allow her pretty much whatever she wants. She even has an 'I'm the princess and you'll give me what I want' face. It combines puckered lips with squinted eyes. I'll get a picture.

As I've mentioned in the past month, Chaya Bracha really wants to be potty trained. B"H her gan is all about letting her run around without a diaper and use the potty. When I remind her every 15-30 minutes, we seem to do well over here. Nap time is our biggest struggle. I get her to pee before I put her down, but she can go through two sets of sheets before falling asleep as she will pee in her diaper (or poop if we're really lucky), whip it off and continue on her sheets. It's delightful. We were putting her in bed with underwear over her diaper, but she figured out how to get that off. Then we tried onsies. The girl is too smart for us and can get all three snaps undone when she wants her diaper off.

Beeps is quickly picking up Hebrew now that she's in a fully Hebrew school environment. She calls me EmaMommy now. That is, when she's not calling me MY MOMMMY. That's another new development. Obviously, she's letting Michael Shlomo know who's boss (though she'll fight out the MY MOMMMY thing with Lev and Estie as well), but she'll turn it around and let me know that Michael Shlomo is MY BABY too. She's very possessive.

As much as her big siblings spoil Beeps, she worships them back just as much. She wants to be just like them and loves when she and Estie wear matching dresses. Then again, one of the clearest sentences she speaks is 'Estie did it.'

I know I'm babbling on in written form, but I'm tired (shocker, I know). I just wanted to share some Beepsie news with everyone on her special day.

No comments: