Some cute Lev, Estie and Chaya B moments that I keep forgetting to share with you:
Lev has a friend who often says 'Oh J-' which is not something we really want to hear in our home. I knew it was only a matter of time until Lev said it and tried to think of how to handle the situation. When he finally uttered that name, it came out 'Oh cheezes,' so I went with it. I asked him what kind of cheese he likes and I think he said yellow. I said string cheese is my favorite and that's how we diffused the great 'cheezus' debate.
Lev is still in ballet and he really enjoys it. He also goes to a sports chug / activity where they play team sports and learn team skills. They also play fun American games like Duck, Duck, Goose and Red Rover. Plus there's a climbing wall. It pretty much rocks.
At school, Lev continues to amaze his teachers with his creativity. They keep pulling me aside to tell me how he's the most creative kid they've ever met and they cannot believe the stuff he makes. OK, fine by me!
Chaya Bracha knows a few words. There's 'toda' (thank you in Hebrew) and 'more.' She also has strong opinions. If you try to give her a rice cake in the morning, she'll throw it down, shake her head 'no' and walk over to the oven, signifying that she's ready for her scrambled eggs. Btw, she eats three every morning, unless we can get away with oatmeal.
CB is constantly happy. I love that she considers Lev and Estie rock stars. If she's up when they come in for bed, it's like 'Rock and Roll!' She gets super hyper and reaches out to try and touch them.
Estie's been up to some interesting antics lately. She's decided that peeing in the potty is for losers and it's way better to walk around with a wet bum. Seriously, the girl comes home with three pairs of undies for me to wash every day. I'm thinking that she really loved the spotlight of her birthday week and is still going through attention withdrawal, so we're trying to channel positive energy in her direction, ignoring the 'accidents' and praising the times she stays dry. Other than that, Estie remains a riot. She just wants to be silly.
At school, Estie's speaking full Hebrew sentences! Her teacher doesn't really speak English and told me that Estie will ask them what the next activity is and request a tissue in Hebrew. We're super proud of her.
OK, I'm sure I'll remember some more things I wanted to share once this is published, but hey, I got some of it out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment