Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Happs

OK, here's the happs. The kids have a good schedule/routine going lately, which for some reason doesn't include me updating the blog! I'll have to figure it in better. When we come home from gan they get to choose a movie which can take between 1-2 hours. After that, I've seen that they'd rather play around the apartment, though we go outside sometimes. I'm kind of following their rythems. Around 5 we either take a bath or eat dinner and then do the other around 5:30. At 6, Estie gets into bed and Lev follows at 6:30. When we're lucky, the crazyness ends with two children sleeping by 7:30 at the latest. I don't want to get into what happens when we're not lucky, but it usually involves them staying up too late being hyper and waking up around 5:30am because their bodies are so thrown off.
The other day I told Lev that it's easier for me to read to him on the couch than on the floor because it's hard for me to get up from the floor, which led him to the very important discussion of "When the baby comes out, what costumes will it wear? The baby needs costumes." I explained that we have a bear costume from when Estie was little and we'll make sure that the baby always has costumes to wear, just like Lev and Estie.
Estie was sick this week. She is teething about 4 teeth and that left her open to a virus and a cold. She spent Rosh Hashannah at home with me. Lev went to shul with Daddy for about 2 1/2 hours each day. He wore a kapputah, just like his Daddy. A kapputah is a special long suit coat thing that Shalom wears on Shabbat and holidays. I bought one for Lev around Purim time, which is the only time to get them. He wore his kapputah with a white button down, just like Daddy, and a tie (Daddy wouldn't wear his). It was super cute. Mommy wrote him a special mitzvah note to his teachers (in Hebrew- go Mommy!) to let them know how well behaved he was at shul and they gave him a special green candy.
Lev is over his honeymood period at gan and is now bummed that he doesn't share a language with most of the boys, though there are a few boys who know English and the teachers seat him with them. One of the boys, Aviel, is his age, so they sit together for class and lunch and play together during play time. Mommy is going to have to get her act together and make some play dates so he'll feel more comfortable at gan. I know that within a month or so he'll pick up the language and that this isn't something which will scar him for life. I'd say that he won't even remember when he didn't know Hebrew but Lev seems to remember everything! As part of trying to get him to feel like more of the 'crew' at gan, the teacher decided he should be Abba (father) of Shabbat tomorrow. He will bring treats to hand out to all the boys (we bought bags of individually wrapped chocolate covered wafers and lolypops) and he will make the blessing over the grape juice at their Shabbat party. Let's hope for the best!
Here is Estie and her pigtails! I'm loving it. Lev tied Estie's bimba to his bike and gave her a ride around the apartment. I made sure to move all the furniture out of the way so they'd have the run of the place. Of course, they still both needed to be at the same spot at the same time, but it went well in general.






It's so funny how clothing can change how old a kid looks. Yesterday Estie looked so grown up in her jeans, sweatshirt and hat. She, of course, needed to bring her purse with her for the walk.




No comments: