Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Kiddie Update

Lev has become quite the puzzle wizard. I went shopping with Ayala's Mommy on Friday while the kids were at school and I bought him three amazing wooden puzzles with thick peices that become toys (or, as Lev says 'guys') if he wants as well as two cheap-o Jewish themed puzzles. He's loving the Jewish ones because there is a tzedaka (charity) box and a Torah on one of them and he loves saying 'Torah Torah' (they sing the song in school and sometimes I catch him dancing and singing it along with the CD we have at home- I'll get it on video as soon as I can). I actually meant to give him only one puzzle at a time, but our little genius found the bag. Lucky for me he didn't notive the tool set that was in there as well. I didn't want to have to deal with finding batteries for the drill right before Shabbat. Instead, he kept himself busy with the puzzles and turning on and off the music on Estie's new swing. I bought her her own since Lev has decided they share it and has been sitting in it a lot. I'd rather him break ours than someone else's. He likes to swing along saying 'Essi's' to let us know it's Estie's chair, but it's his turn.
Estie has a cold. I must have passed on the cough I had last week. It's upsetting because she's such a cutie baby and she's having coughing fits, but I'm nursing her, making sure she's inside napping as much as possible and putting on the humidifier. Not much else to do at 10 weeks.
I'm starting to learn Estie's signs- finally! She pretty much wakes up, nurses, 'plays' for 20-40 minutes (the 20 is because of the cold, she went an hour straight last week), yawns and then I put her down. After about 15 minutes of staring off or kvetching lightly, she's asleep for 1-3 hours (the 3, once again, due to the cold. Usually it's 1). Since I'm just learning these things about her I get nervous during those 15 minutes, but if I don't put her down for the nap she get's overtired and cranky and there's no calming her down. It's hard to schedule a second child, since we pretty much go on Lev's schedule, but I'm working on it. In other news, she's on the verge of moving into the 3-6 month outfits. I'm thinking they'll end up around the same size sooner rather than later.
Daddy is still working hard at his new job- selling bulk aluminum and we love that he comes home for dinner, bath and bed time. If you know anyone in the market for a large ammount of aluminum, you know who to call.

No comments: